Friday, February 10, 2006

Here I Am!

So now I have a blog.

I get a huge amount of pleasure from reading other people's blogs (I'll post some links to my favourites tomorrow) but being a very dull person I honestly don't believe anyone wants to read about my life. However, I felt the need for a blog to take part in the Knitting Olympics, in case any of the 4000 other participants want to check the progress of my lace stole, so you can blame the Yarn Harlot if you like. (It's cast on, folks, and has already been frogged six times. Oh, yes, I had to do lace! I'll probably still be on row six when the Olympic flame goes out.)

Of course I don't knit enough, or do anything enough, to warrant daily reports. Nevertheless, I'm a blogger now, so I'll be hopping around a lot from topic to topic, trying to scrape up something to say, and resurrecting all the padding and space-wasting tricks I knew in high school. If nothing else I hope to learn to use my digital camera properly so all my pictures aren't out of focus. My thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this. Please believe that I'm not this boring on purpose. Tomorrow there will be pictures.

1 comment:

jau said...

Welcome to the blog world! I found you because of your pithy comment on mine, about hot CROSS buns (there! I said it). You're not at all boring and I LOVE your watercolor, however you choose to denigrate it. I'd love to see more of your work and I hope you put more on your blog.